Nov 16, 2007

To Sir, With Love (1967)

Today I saw the movie which name was To sir with love. Mark Thackeray was from Africa. His major was engineering. But He decided to teach until he got a job. He became to work in London which was very poor town. Students were not interested in studying. Teachers also were not interested in teaching. Mark Thackeray wanted to change students. He treated students as adults. He did not teach about the regular subject. Instead he talked with student about a life, death, love, or marriage something like that. Step by step, students were going to trust him. Finally they were changed by him. Students graduated and Mark got a job which he wanted. In the end of movie, he did not quit the teacher. He chose to teaching students. After saw the movie, it was very impressed. And I looked back on my life. I did not decide to go to America. It was my parents and sister’s decision. I just followed their decision. When I was in Boston, I did not have goal which must be achievement. I did not study hard. But I did not care about that. Because of nobody scolded me about that. Actually, I came here and chose Santa Monica College, because of my friend. Also at that time I did not have a goal. Honestly During take the class, I wan not interested in the class. But when I read a book and took the test, I started to care about my homework and grade. When I did not the homework, I felt uncomfortable. It was not simply because of teachers yelled at me. Finally I got a goal and desire about my study. I think I became an adult. My school and teachers help was very big reason. To be an adult is hard by oneself. I think it need somebody’s help as the movie.

Thank you.

No comments: